5-week positive parenting course
(5 x 2 hours).
This comprises the first five modules of the 10-week course and covers the core skills.
- Module 1 – Descriptive Praise: How to develop your child’s motivation, co-operation and confidence using Descriptive Praise.
- Module 2 – Emotion Coaching: Improve your emotional bond with your children, encourage communication and good behaviour by understanding and helping children manage their emotions more effectively.
- Module 3 – Setting up for Success: How to make home life more harmonious and reduce stressful moments.
- Module 4 – Values, Rules and Rewards: How to formulate, communicate and follow through on rules consistently in ways that pass on the values you want for your children and encourage cooperation while preserving a child’s individuality.
- Module 5 – Positive Discipline: How to respond constructively to unwanted behaviours in ways that teach children to take responsibility and learn from their mistakes without damaging self-esteem.
During the course you will be given tasks so you can take the skills home and practice between sessions. You return the following week to get further coaching on how you can use these skills to have a positive impact on your family’s life.