Streamline your life and make the best use of your time.
Do you ever get to the end of the day only to find you haven’t achieved anything that really matters or moves you closer to your goals?
We know that success depends upon setting goals and working towards them. Coaching helps you to do just that. But we often fail even when we are motivated, inspired, focused on our goals and ready to act. Sometimes getting an exciting new action plan underway seems impossible because we just don’t seem to have the time. We get disillusioned and lose confidence in our plans. If this sounds familiar, it’s time to get organised. Start planning and make your time work for you.
- Get the balance right. If you find that your plans are derailed for some reason and you are no longer on track, don’t simply try to go faster, fail and lose the plot completely. Try to maintain a balance between focus and relaxation. You need both to succeed. Of course, some degree of self-imposed pressure is necessary but too much will deplete your energy levels and you may start finding excuses for not doing things. If you get sufficient relaxation time you will release a new wave of positive energy.
- Build goal-achieving rituals. Shift your main focus away from your goals and start thinking about the daily rituals that reinforce those goals. If you obsess over the end result but neglect the recurring steps that are necessary, you will always be thinking about the unrealised goal and how far away it is. Take the necessary steps. You may not enjoy doing this as change can be uncomfortable, but recognise that without change you will keep doing what you have always done with the same results. By maintaining your new daily rituals you will gradually get closer to your goal without constantly obsessing about it. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” (Will Durant)
- Save time by prioritising. Stop wasting time and energy on non-productive and unfocused tasks and concentrate instead on the key things you need to do to reach your goals. Start by making a (short) list of your top daily priorities and reviewing it often so that you are not easily distracted from it. These priorities should include your new daily rituals or be supported by them. If you find you are procrastinating, ask yourself why. If there is a job you must do, do it immediately and draw energy from that achievement.
- Get real. Don’t try to do everything and don’t try to be perfect. You should not underestimate what you can do if you are organised but equally, don’t try to do so much that you become unhappy. Consider whether you have too many goals and associated activities/rituals. Can you drop some, reprioritise or delegate? Achieving this balance is the only way to remain in control and to achieve real success.
- Clear the way. Achieve mental clarity and energy by decluttering your home and workplace. Whenever we hang onto useless items in our environment we are unconsciously hanging on to old patterns and limitations. Get some help if necessary as decluttering can be a challenging task. Do this and you will feel more in control, both physically and emotionally.
- Plan for success. Make the best use of your time by planning how to use it. Written goals and plans are more likely to lead to success than those we keep in our head or simply talk about. Choose a time management tool that works for you and use it for goals, action steps and daily rituals.
You will feel far less pressure once you choose to take control. If you simplify and streamline your life by making the best use of your time, you will be amazed at what you can achieve.
Life is too short to be less than your best. Personal coaching can inspire and motivate you to make changes and reach your goals. I would love to help you get the life you want. Find out more here.